IT Quality Assurance Engineer -Retail POS (Point-of-Sale)
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Skechers is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer in the IT Department. As a Senior Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to test our Retail Point-of-Sale (POS) Platform and its integration to various systems. As a key contributor to the team, you will ensure high quality in test efforts that require multiple test resources and coordination with multiple development teams across several geographies. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities. The successful candidate will be an effective multi-tasker, capable of working on several different initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities-
- Review requirements and ensure complete test coverage.
- Create, maintain, and upgrade test scripts as well as analyze test cases and provides regular progress reports
- Perform all testing activities including functional, integration, regression, and end-to-end testing of Retail Point-of-Sale (POS) system for our global locations.
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently.
- Log defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way
- Track all assigned defects through closure.
- Generate and publish daily defect reports from Test/Defect Management Tool.
- Work with the team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Actively participate is Scrum meetings and provide QA estimate to calculate Story Points during planning phase
- Publish daily status reports.
- Keeping current with Quality testing, techniques, tools, processes and trends.
- Prior experience in testing Retail Point-of-Sale (POS) testing ideally with APTOS (Store6 & Aptos ONE) or other similar products. POS skill sets include Clock in, Open Store Register, testing different security credentials, rejection of store opening, discounts, elite program functionality, in store and app functionality, inquiry, inventory check, stock transfer, receipts – i.e. with gift vouchers, cash management, general management, applying a tax exemption with discounts for Global Locations, close transaction, manual text modification on shoes, issuing a gift card, refunds)
- Experience in integration testing with 3rd party and in-house applications (Email/SMS receipt, Tax, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Experience in API and Micro-services testing
- Experience in Automation – preferred VB Scripting and UFT.
- Experience in deriving the test strategy for Service / Layer level testing for ex: Web services. Functional Testing digital application and mobile applications
- Learning new upcoming technologies required for testing.
- Adhering to quality standards. Managing timelines.
- Experience in deriving the test estimates, planning, scheduling and reporting,
- Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
- Excellent communication and time management skills Quick learner
- Creative problem solver who can often work independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Validate data flow throughout application workflow (end-to-end).
- Must have excellent communication skills, is comfortable reaching out across teams as needed for clarification.
- Full knowledge in, and ability to work with, the following technical skills:
- Jira, Zephyr, Confluence
- SQL queries
Education and Experience-
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience testing complex enterprise level retail applications with geographically distributed teams.
- Testing large enterprise level Global Retail Point-of-Sale (POS) and other Retail Applications
- ITIL Foundation
- Testing strategy and test planning (a plus)
- Knowledge of Order Management Systems (a plus)
- Experience in testing performance and Security related aspects of applications (a plus)
- Experience in databases like Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB, MySQL, Informix (a plus)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times. The employee is regularly required to lift a 35 - 40lb dress form for garment evaluations.