Director of Planning
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Director of Planning, Retail, leads and directs the Planning Team and coordinates with key members of Merchandising and Allocations to deliver business goals.
Participates in the development and execution of Merchandise plans, including sales, planning, forecasting, product buys, sell thru, and allocations into retail stores.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Ability to manage workflow within a constantly changing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead and facilitate communication between cross-functional teams on projects, as well as day-to-day operations
- Proactive and skilled in anticipating, troubleshooting, and solving problems
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - ability to asses past performance, current issues, and expected trends within the retail industry
- Develop and execute a strategic sale and inventory plans that supports the brand’s direction.
- Partner with the merchandising team to develop an inventory plan based on historical sales and inventory data to achieve company financial goals.
- Through sales data reports, identify positive or negative sales trends to more effectively and efficiently balance inventory.
- Work with planners and the merchandise team to develop seasonal plans that minimize carry over and maximize sell thru while anticipating the delivery of the next season’s product.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math. Proficiency in using financial metrics and reports to measure the performance of the business. Understand how decisions impact financial results.
- Experience in SKU level and category level planning, financial planning process and report/modeling building.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a cross-functional team.
- Excels in team environments and in building/developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.
- Ability to travel 0-10% of time.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Driven to excel and succeed, taking full ownership of his or her success.
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years Managing Merchandise Planning, Buying in retail – preferably within Footwear
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Advanced computer skills (Excel – pivot tables/v-lookups/etc., Word, Internet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.