Allocations Representative - Wholesale
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Evaluate and prioritize customer orders for shipping.
Interface with distribution center, customer service, production, and imports to ensure accurate and timely processing of customer orders.
Essential Job Results
Analyze computer produced allocation reports to evaluate and prioritize customer orders for shipping. Amend allocations in order to best meet our customers’ needs as well as those of SKECHERS.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies from daily filter report.
- Analyze daily allocation – make decisions for allocating and amending allocation based on customer order dates, customer requested ship dates, available inventory, and arriving product.
- Review summary allocation for pick ticket consolidation and verify best order fill percentage.
- Review major customer allocation report to confirm all priority customers have been properly allocated and prioritized.
- Productivity is essential.
Liaise, via email and telephone, with the distribution center, customer service, international customer service, production, SKECHERS retail, and import departments to ensure accurate and timely processing of customer and sample orders.
- Communicate and coordinate with DC regarding ship status, shipping problems, inventory problems, and timely shipment of customer orders.
- Communicate with production department regarding X-factory dates, air shipments, and production delays.
- Communicate with imports for prioritization of incoming product via air and ocean.
- Communicate and coordinate with customer service department regarding ship status, availability, shipping or routing problems, and all other issues pertaining to customer orders.
Analyze and review new orders for shipping prioritization and/or manual allocation.
- Receive hard copies of new orders entered from data entry department.
- Receive email notification, containing customer order specifics, for new orders received via EDI and released by customer service.
Review pick ticket summary before sending to the distribution center for processing and shipping.
Analyze styles with late production and calculate quantities to produce air requests.
Coordinate with credit department for credit release of available product.
- Track and coordinate delivery of sample cases for new product.
- Allocate and coordinate shipment of promo, photo shoot, PR giveaways, etc.
- Coordinate with DC and customer service regarding customer refused shipments
- Allocate and coordinate shipment of closeout orders.
- Work closely with upper management to determine necessity of air shipments
- Productivity is essential
- Computer literate
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Very detail oriented
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must work well under pressure
- Strong math background
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college preferred
- 1 - 2 years of business and/or retail experience
- 10 Key by touch a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.