- Olding Road, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of Skechers innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at Skechers, one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive Skechers, an award-winning powerhouse, in a new direction, the Skechers team is the place to be.
To provide comprehensive support in facilitating the day-to-day administration for the UK Distribution Centre whilst undertaking operational/management tasks and maintaining confidentiality on company information. To help the Operations Manager to maintain control and communication with all UKDC personnel. To liaise with key individuals internally and externally whilst maintaining the highest degree of professionalism, confidentiality and problem-solving abilities to ensure proper lines of communication. To take initiative with H&S and HR responsibilities as and when needed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and manage UKDC responsibilities as and when needed.
- Arrange all related H&S activities and initiatives for UKDC personnel, including consulting with H&S agents and providing up to date advice.
- Coordinate any H&S resources needed in the UKDC to ensure compliance with H&S laws.
- Administer and follow up on accident reporting, PPE requirements and any other legal requirements as advised by the H&S agent.
- Use initiative and vision to help facilitate the smooth administration of the UKDC.
- Interface with customers, clients, contractors and various external businesses as needed.
- Help co–ordinate the UKDC, meetings, communication and general control as needed.
- Liaise with all internal departments and people as required to ensure smooth running of day to day tasks and requirements.
- Manage paperwork, filing, retention and organisation as necessary.
- Manage/maintain calendar events, appointments and obtain/organise/assemble resources as needed.
- Arrange/coordinate meetings as required.
- Minute meetings (including HR) as required and complete research as required.
- Arrange events, entertainment/social functions, subscriptions etc.
- Respond to, monitor, and follow-up on internal/external inquiries, directives/deliverables, requests for approval, expenditure, and make recommendations.
- Compose/edit correspondence as may be required for HR, local authorities and help develop presentations and other documents as required.
- Receive and interact with incoming customers and visitors as and when required.
- Manage confidential information around earnings, financial and operations data, business plans, strategy, initiatives and employee performance/records, etc.
- Make purchases as and when required.
- Support the UKDC team with the management and co-ordination of initiatives/events as required.
- Manage e-mails daily to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Experience in facilities and office management.
- Adaptable to changing situations, able to anticipate and take initiative to obtain required details to execute projects, initiatives and administrative tasks.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, information gathering/monitoring, problem analysis/resolution.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, database tools, media applications, Internet, and mobile devices/applications.
- Flexible attitude and able to adapt easily to a fast paced and changing environment.
- Experience in H&S, contractor and supplier management.
- Experience in warehouse environment will be advantageous.
What you’ll get
- Full-Time permanent role
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Product Discount
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Service Award
- Free Car Parking
To find out more about us, visit about.skechers.com/about