Assistant Manager - Cardiff
- Bridge St, St Davids Centre, Cardiff CF10, UK
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of Skechers innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at Skechers, one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive Skechers, an award-winning powerhouse, in a new direction, the Skechers team is the place to be.
About the Assistant Manager Role
At Skechers, our Assistant Managers make an incredible impact every day, they:
- Lead, merchandise, process shipment, manage product, replenish, problem solve
- Are Sales Champions by leading the team in meeting and exceeding sales plan.
- Drive high unit velocity through an impeccably presented sales floor and outstanding customer service.
- Coach and mentors the team in multiple retail skill-sets to elevate the store's performance and hits sales out of the park.
- Are the Product Expert who lives, breathes and loves our footwear and ensures the store is a showpiece for our customers.
- Ensure the store has impeccable merchandising, on-point signage & pricing with beautiful visual presentation
- Serve as a true brand ambassador for Skechers, showing off our product and educating our customers about our incredible shoes, accessories and apparel.
- Assist the Store Manager in leading outstanding People processes, team development and ensures an amazing applicant and employee experience.
- Are Operation Gurus who assist the store manager in leading strong operational processes and routines that minimize shrink and drive profitability.
- Understand and insists on a clean, presentable store and a team that follows best practices for a healthy, profitable store.
Core Skills as an Assistant Manager
First as an Assistant Manager, leading a team to “win big” is what you love to do! Assistant Managers are sales-drivers and know how to help ensure your store crushes sales plan. To succeed as an Assistant Manager, you will possess the following core skills:
- An Assistant Manager team is critical to the business and your customers, so your talent assessment and development skills are solid and you’re always working hard to get even better.
- You’re an expert at the stock function and always know how to manage shipment and replenishment, no matter the season.
- Assistant Managers will be able to function effectively and even thrive in times of change and shifting priorities and have a strong ability to stay flexible to the unforeseen.
- Communication could be your “middle name”, with your highly developed ability to convey information and set direction with your team in writing or verbally.
- Our Assistant Manager will be able to utilize time and resources extremely well to meet deadlines, stay efficient and manage operational priorities.
- Your leadership experience makes you immediately credible in our business and a major source of support to your Store Manager.
You enjoy having so much fun doing and being all of the above and share that excitement with those around you every day!
What You’ll Get:
- Permanent Full Time position
- Competitive compensation package (plus commission)
- 28 days holiday (includes bank holidays)
- Product discount
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
If this sounds like a role for you, please click to apply, and visit about.skechers.com/careers/ for more details on Skechers.