Europe Customs Compliance Senior Manager
- Avenue du Parc Industriel 159, 4041 Herstal, Belgium
- Employment Status: Regular
Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles of men's, women's and children's footwear as well as apparel and accessories. The company offers two major product categories: lifestyle and performance. Skechers sells its shoes through its own stores, its website and through distributors. These products are available in more than 170 countries. The European Distribution Center is located in Milmort (Liège) and employs more than 1000 people in peak season. To facilitate its European expansion, Skechers is looking for a Europe Customs Compliance Senior Manager.
- You assure the customs and trade compliance of Skechers activities throughout Europe, including but not limited to inbound and outbound shipments at the Belgium and UK Distribution Centers.
- You manage in– and outbound customs operations at all current and future customs bonded warehouses.
- You manage all necessary customs authorizations and certifications and permits and bonds, for example AEO certifications in respective countries. You assure internal controls are in place for customs compliance processes.
- You lead a team of 5 Customs Compliance Coordinators based in Milmort and UK.
- You manage imports and other inbound shipments by Skechers subsidiaries throughout Europe. You proactively act to assure compliance of Skechers imports and exports.
- You drive duty reduction initiatives.
- You offer up to date and relevant advice to various business stakeholders and support the Senior Director for Customs & Trade Compliance and other management as needed.
- You have minimal a bachelor’s degree preferably in an economic field.
- You have previous experience in a similar role and have reached an expert level in European customs compliance. You are familiar with Bonded Warehouses.
- You have experience in high volume distribution environments.
- You have a first experience in leading a team.
- You have a strong helicopter view and forward/strategic thinking skills. Yet you are also hands-on, operational and an executor.
- You are open to occasionally travel to the UK DC or other sites in Europe.
- You are either based in Belgium or the UK.
- You are fluent in French and English.
We look forward to hearing from you! You can send your application through the following link: https://www.mercuriurval.com/en-be/Opportunity/?jobadid=63080&refno=
Join the thousands of innovators, ambassadors and doers who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world! Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning company forward in one of our offices or distribution centers, the SKECHERS team is the place to be! Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com.