- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
A Cybersecurity Analyst at Skechers is a key member of our global information security team. This role puts you on the front lines of our cyber defense practice where you will be working as a liaison with our senior security resources and primary point of contact for our global security partners. While heavily focusing on incident handling and response our analyst team is expected to provide a critical source of input into our threat intelligence practice while also contributing to the continuing improvement of our overall process and technology.
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to make the transition into a full-time cybersecurity role by working to triage real security incidents while being able to tap into both internal and external resources for guidance and support. The candidate who will find the most success and fulfillment brings a genuine interest and passion for information security, a love for learning, a positive attitude, and a desire to roll up their sleeves and dive into the deep end.
Essential Job Results
- Proactively monitor tools, feeds, and dashboards for security alerts
- Identify and triage alerts from internal systems and respond to alerts from managed SOC
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and managed security partners to respond to alerts and incidents and escalate as necessary
- Follow established process while responding to incidents and preparing reports
- Help to identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations
- Provide input to and report on metrics for alerts, incidents, and responses
- Continuously monitor and tune SIEM and related systems to increase detection rates, reduce false positives, and improve response time
- Work closely with multiple groups and business units globally to provide guidance and support
- Assist with vulnerability management and participate in periodic security and compliance audits
- Stay current with continually changing threat landscape and defensive capabilities
- Understanding of general enterprise network and system components and their roles (databases, webservers, app servers)
- Familiarity with network and application protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS, etc.)
- Experience working with servers or workstations running Windows, Linux, or OS X
- Familiarity with security tools like antivirus, firewalls, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working hands on with technology
- Experience in a security, systems, or network admin role preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.