Retail Assistant Manager (Part time)
- 3000 riverchase galleria #286, Hoover, Alabama, United States
- Employment Status: Regular
A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
Assist the store management in leading assigned location to achieve COMP or New Store Sales through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers. The role of a 2nd Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expected to assist the store manager in meeting or exceeding assigned sales plans and target metric objectives within the assigned store.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Ability to achieve results when assigned a MOD (Manager-on-Duty) segment. Work with employees to ensure goals are achieved.
• Responsible for properly and accurately receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores. Teaches others to do the same.
• Ensures consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise. Teaches others current directives.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise. Sets up displays according to company directives. Teaches others to do the same.
• Ability to create excitement and show passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers. Able to answers questions about product features and benefits. Teaches others to do the same.
• Train staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
• Assists store manager by recruiting top talent to support sales and growth of company.
• Partners with store manager to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues when directed to by senior management.
• Ensures all HR paperwork and training are current and kept in folders for associates per retention guidelines.
• Ability to complete new hire and other human resources paperwork timely and accurately.
• Ability to identify performance challenges and report concerns to senior management to correct issues.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow and also ensure others follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
• Ensures compliance to policies and procedures at all times. Reports concerns to senior management.
• Confer with management to ensure that banking deposits are made daily; responsible for delivering to the bank, at a specified location, with or without armored car service, as directed by the store manager.
• Ensures that the store is secured at closing (i.e. doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set).
• Ability to remove and record cash in register at end of shift/closing and prepare bank deposits properly.
• Works with store manager to develop solutions to decrease losses and shrink.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitate inventory transaction and bulk counts as directed by senior management .
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are trained on how to ring a transaction.
• Delegates tasks to other hourly employees to ensure the store is properly recovered for the next day’s business.
• Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables and overall store. Teaches standards to others.
• Ensures inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and displayed within 24 hours of receipt per operational standards.
• Ensures Elite goals are met for the store.
• Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates, deposit log, employee discounts, new hire paperwork, paid outs and visitor log.
• Responsible for carrying out area of responsibilities (AOR) tasks, assignments and execution under the supervision of the Store Manager.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
• Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency: Results Driven, Customer and Product Focus, People, Visual/Marketing Excellence, Strategic Thought, Setting Direction, Planning, Communication, Leadership Courage, Innovation, Adaptability, Creates Skechers environment, Skechers Savvy, and Ethics and Integrity.
• Is a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
• Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and teach employees selling skills.
• Assumes responsibility and displays the ability to take charge (in absence of senior management).
• Follows the store manager's direction to ensure associates contribute to the company objectives.
This position has limited management responsibilities in the absence of senior management. Responsible and accountable for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties as necessary to maintain store’s daily operations.
Limited Direct Supervision, this position has limited management responsibilities. This is a lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by the store manager or 1st Assistant Manager in the absence of management. Responsible for documenting daily incidents either from customers or employees and give to management to handle. This position is not to confront employees on personnel issues rather to document and notify management. Responsible for communicating with senior management on all matters involving business operations and employees
Position must be authorized by both the District Manager and the Regional Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the same.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Minimum of one year of retail/customer service experience
High School Diploma, or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Abiltiy to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position reaching regularly with hands and arms. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, set store alarm, open and lock the store, receive merchandise, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to clients, stock merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. and occasionally outside the store to handle other business needs. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products, home office representatives, employees to delegate tasks; the store manager for direction, etc.; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee must be able to observe and assess for floor optimization. The employee frequently ascends/descends a ladder or step stool to access shelves, setup advertising displays, arrange merchandise, clean shelves, etc. The employee must regularly lift and or move at least 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to sucessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.