Senior Systems Engineer
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for technical architecture, planning, implementation, performance monitoring, tuning, and maintenance of Skechers active directory domain, other Windows-based infrastructure components, and the interactions with Skechers network. Serves as a subject matter expert in the area of systems administration/engineering. Evaluates and analyses project requirements to determine feasibility and develops specifications, and action plans to implement new products to accommodate business needs.
Essential Job Results
- Maintenance/troubleshooting/architecture of Skechers Active Directory infrastructure in a global domain environment
- Manage/maintain Skechers DNS infrastructure worldwide
- Employ scripting languages (PowerShell, Ansible, etc.) to automate repetitive work and affect change at enterprise scale
- Document all work thoroughly in trouble tickets, maintenance notifications, outage resolutions, service/network diagrams, runbooks, etc.
- Hardware/Software troubleshooting of server infrastructure
- Coordinate work with other engineers, DBAs, admins, etc. to accomplish tasks and mutual goals
- Mentoring/knowledge transfer with other engineers to facilitate cross-training and mutual skill development
- Provide troubleshooting/problem resolution assistance to help desk and client services staff on issues requiring escalation
- Takes lead on escalated issues and coordinates the involvement of all necessary parties, including other business units, help desk staff, outside vendors, or third-party partners
- Assist other business units in evaluating proposed software, or hardware solutions
- On-call for scheduled and emergency after-hours support/maintenance
- Monitor systems infrastructure, and respond to service interruptions, performance degradations, or other adverse events
- Deployment of infrastructure in remote offices, either onsite or remotely as circumstances require
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, and rack servers weighing ~50 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and self-prioritize important tasks
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills in engaging with coworkers, and other business units
- Assist with development, implementation, and ensure compliance with security standards in Windows environment, including Anti-virus, security patches, GPO administration, malware detection/response, etc.
- Assist in developing/implementing Information Security policies, particularly regarding the Windows environment
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting/critical thinking skills
Education and Experience
- Systems management concepts, procedures, best practices, and application suites
- Managing/deploying one or more Anti-virus/Anti-malware platforms
- SAN Infrastructure
- VMware, or other virtualization platforms
- Workspace One experience ideal, but other asset management platform experience acceptable (e.g. SCCM)
- 7 or more years’ experience in the IT field
- Extensive background with Active Directory internals, and related subsystems such as DNS, Kerberos, DHCP, Certificate/PKI infrastructure, RPC, etc.
- Systems management of all Windows systems in the Enterprise, including maintaining inventory, maintenance schedules, monitoring backups, OS upgrades, patches, firmware, drivers, GPO policy, etc.
- Understanding of current and emerging security requirements in the enterprise as the implementor of a security policy framework
- Day to day infrastructure maintenance, including health checks, diagnosis, root cause analysis, and remediation of critical, and non-critical events
- Ability to assist in the development of Disaster Recovery/Data Availability policies, procedures and practices
- Good fundamental network skills, including a working understanding of TCP/IP
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.