- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
To contribute to the business team in order to achieve divisional and departmental merchandising plans. Develop and maintain optimum store inventory levels, monitor new store performance, and determine proper inventory mixes to satisfy each store by gender, category, style, and size requirement.
Essential Job Results
- Develop and execute initial allocation and replenishment of product to all assigned stores detailed in the “Buy Plans.” Manage auto-replenishment within published standards and proactively make adjustments based on sales trends, seasonality factors, visual merchandising strategies, and business needs. Identify and focus on “Top 20” SKUs. Target a 90% in-stock rate on those SKUs. Develop and employ “best practices” methodologies as they are discovered.
- Transfers – Responsible for monitoring SKU performance at the store level and recommending transfers or consolidations within published guidelines. Once recommendations are approved by Management an allocator is must identify stores and key them into the APROPOS system.
- Ensure the right balance of product within their respective gender/category.
- Develop allocation parameters that take into account store capacity, demand, bulks, seasonality and product lifestyles.
- Assume responsibility for re-works and transfers based on the “out of stock” criteria set by the planners while focusing on the quality of merchandise, not quantity. In –stock means having adequate sizes on all maintained and active codes.
- Analysis – Using MicroStrategy, Garpac, Apropos, Stock Reports and Stock to Sales Reports, perform various store-level analysis to anticipate the needs of the business. This includes creating weekly sales and inventory reports to identify top stores and SKUs, underperforming stores and SKUs and then using solid judgment to take appropriate action and making recommendations to the Planner when needed. Create and utilize reporting tools to facilitate stock balancing transactions, as well as identifying and communicating missed product opportunities in specific store groupings.
- Bulk management – Monitor “Buy Plans” to ensure that bulks are being distributed in a timely manner. Communicate any issues to the Merchandiser, who will resolve them with the Allocations department. Actively anticipate potential product constraints and direct the Merchandiser to bulk goods to protect future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain Sample Room
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Apropos, Micro strategy and Excel.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of footwear distribution and allocations experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.