Footwear Colorist, Material Specialist
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
To work in cooperation with designers and merchandisers to provide color and material innovations for development projects.
Essential Job Results
- Take 2D line art and apply color and materials that are appropriate to assigned division.
- Communicate with overseas office via email on projects.
- Plan and develop projects within different price points.
- Acquire a good understanding of what is acceptable regarding color and materials for in-line colorways.
- Computerize color-ups, details and textures.
- Research and apply own material and color choices.
- Make detail revisions to adopted colorways.
- Anticipate needs within the line.
- Research, recognize current and emerging trends.
- Implement innovations in color and materials to product.
- Ability to travel to trade shows and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Must have an understanding of material and component costing.
- Must be knowledgeable about footwear materials and finishes.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in both Illustrator and Photoshop.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.