Footwear Designer, Men's Casuals, Boots and Sandals
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Footwear Designer will integrate their thorough understanding of Fashion Trends, Market Conditions, Consumer Expectations, Technologies, and the Manufacturing Process with their design excellence to develop the next generations of SKECHERS USA footwear products within the casual, and fashion lines.
You will influence the respective categories and cultural events knowledge and experience relating to how the current and upcoming Fashion Trends might influence the consumers’ buying decisions, covering a vast demographic and multi-cultural area. In addition, you'll use your knowledge in respect to Design, Development and Market Relevance to collaborate with Marketing and Sales personnel on projects to maximize effectiveness and salability.
Essential Job Results
- Create innovative and affordable footwear design concepts.
- Work with Design Management, Development and Marketing personnel to collaborate on Design projects to maximize effectiveness and build product to target cost.
- Understanding of fashion trends and directions through travel, shop the markets, Tradeshows and researching the competition.
- Create accurate cads quickly and efficiently.
- Build and present seasonal product strategies and trend boards.
- Constant interaction with Merchandisers on all aspects of product line plans, briefs, color palette, pricing, themes, graphics, and strategies.
- Work with developers in US and Asia on line schedules and adhere to the product calendar, ensuring development projects are on track.
- Working with developers/materials team to coordinate and develop new materials, constructions, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for getting prototypes and samples executed to reflect the concept and design you created.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors top sellers, technologies, styling, colors, strategies and pricing.
- Innovation through fashion-forward new designs and technologies
- Protect and enhance SKECHERS “DNA”.
- Periodic travel to Asia to follow-up on development projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately & provide detailed specifications.
- Must understand the footwear production process at the factory level.
- Must have advanced skills in Photoshop / Illustrator and 3-D design programs.
- Must have great communication/presentation skills and work well with others.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Footwear Design, Fashion Design, or Graphic Design (OR) 4-6 years related work experience.
- Should have a minimum of 4-6 years of progressive, shoe designing experience and knowledge of shoe constructions and materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.