Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
Contributor to the company’s financial planning and analysis (“FP&A”) function including the preparation of annual financial plans, on-going financial forecasts and longer-term strategic plans. This position will assist in supporting the corporate functional leaders with timely financial decision support and analytics as financial business partners to drive growth initiatives and profitability. It will also support communications with external stakeholders, shareholders and third-party analysts.
Essential Job Results
- Participate in the design, implementation and operations of an efficient worldwide planning system and process to support on-going analysis, reporting, and planning needs. Recommend and implement best practices and process improvements for the continuous improvement of the function and business.
- Develop meaningful reports and analytics to support the needs of the board, internal functional executives, external shareholders and investors. Manage company-wide data requests efficiently.
- Drive accurate and timely analytics, reports, and insightful observations to business leaders to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborate with functional leaders to standardize monthly financial reviews and establish a comprehensive forecasting and budgeting process for the company.
- Support various business and functional leaders with ad hoc operational and strategic analyses and projects.
- Together with management, develop financial objectives and key business metrics.
- Desire to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Personal commitment to the team and the team’s goals.
- Calm and mature demeanor among peers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of an organization, and especially with senior management.
- Able to quickly understand and explain complex data/issues and distill complex and voluminous data into understandable information for a wide audience.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong initiative with a proven ability to follow-through on projects and bring them to a timely completion.
- Ability to partner with leadership around strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate forward looking changes required for shifts in business operations.
- Ability to develop and lead new business models and support organizational shift.
- Ability to develop software based business management metrics to support decision making.
- Strong systems aptitude and business focus, experience with Oracle ERP software preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
- Highly proficient PC skills, especially in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to gain trust at the highest levels of an organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in group situations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in roles of progressive responsibility.
- Financial planning and analysis or in an adjacent field of finance, investment banking, consulting, business intelligence or accounting.
- Oracle and / or Hyperion Planning experience preferred.
- Masters of Business Administration optional.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.