Apparel Designer -Women's
- 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Collaborate with Design Director of Apparel, Sales and Merchandising to design great product to fit the needs of the business. Help concept, build trend boards and execute designs from conception to production stage.
Essential Job Results
- Collaborate with Design Director on conceptualizing, designing & executing womens mainline, fleece and tees.
- Design and develop creative solutions within the assigned category or specialty product. Present the designs in context to the category direction.
- Self-Manage own creative process and execute towards given design languages within the category.
- Proven experience with creating CADs and line sheets.
- Ensure technical specification packs are completed accurately and on time.
- Must be organized keeping tech packs updated and in Product Life Management (PLM).
- Manage and adhere to design and product development calendar.
- Create project presentation packages for internal and external parties.
- Complete approvals on color, fabric, trim, art, branding & finishing.
- Collaborate with garment technicians to develop and approve the fit & construction.
- Practice smart product engineering.
- Expert in Garment Construction.
- Knowledgeable in pattern work.
- Must know how to fit a garment and communicate fit corrections.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Undertake market research and analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of garment construction and production processes.
- Attend all fittings and support good note taking to update fit comments in PLM.
- Study and interpret market conditions and trends from a design perspective as related to active apparel.
- Maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams and departments to create a streamlined process.
- Maintain library of original samples, proto samples, production samples and material/trim swatches.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis.
- Shop and stay up to date with competitive market.
- Strong color perception and design ability
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction, fit, and fabrication.
- Ability to understand the needs of and develop product resonating with Skechers Apparel target market.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Experienced with seasonal color, trend and theme research, and interpretation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Player.
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and hard work ethic.
Education and Experience
- BA degree or advanced degree in specific design discipline desired.
- 5-8 years design experience.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills required.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.