Divisional Merchandise Manager
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) manages the merchandise direction and strategy to ensure the achievement of company business goals. Responsible for leading their buying team and defining product assortments. Manages the development of product programs, involved in inventory flow, and incorporates customer, competitors and category trends into business plans.
The DMM will develop tactics with the team of merchandisers and ensure customer satisfaction and maximize business performance and profitability by executing business plans that maximize sales, margins and inventory turnover.
This is a key role in the organization reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Retail/GMM and leading a team of merchandisers. Will work closely with Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Planning, Allocations and Store Operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and drive overall category strategy to deliver on top-down sales targets.
- Directs the buying team to develop product assortments that support the needs of the customer while achieving space efficiency.
- Responsible for assortment plans by gender, category and classification.
- Review and reconcile monthly OTB to ensure deliveries are on targets.
- Lead monthly cross-functional business reviews with Merchandising, Planning, and Allocations Teams.
- Build partnerships with corporate teams and attend assortment meetings to understand seasonal product direction.
- Guides team to increase knowledge of market trends, strengths and weaknesses in the industry and within competitive sets.
- Coach and lead the buying team to realize goals.
- Develop and manage open-to-buy and bulk positions.
- Develop and manage seasonal/divisional sales plans.
- More as determined by business necessity.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of 5-10 years leading a buying team (preferably with footwear).
- Knowledge, relationships, and passion for fashion or footwear
- Strong leadership profile and experience.
- Ability to plan, prepare and execute strategic business plans.
- Ability to develop effective processes and procedures that support business growth.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams.
- Experience training, managing and developing staff.
- Ability to manage staff to achieve results.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities.
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to predict and maximize trends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.