Jr. Cost Analyst
- 330 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Product Costing team is looking for a Jr. Cost Analyst that is eager to learn about Skechers’ production cost process and production report analysis. As a member of the Product Costing team, you will assist with daily costing duties and help compile/generate multiple production reports. This includes collaborating with our Skechers Asia cost teams and production factories, review costs with product teams and provide cost savings suggestions, maintain & combine data outputs from various systems into one data worksheet for analysis, and provide analytical reports to the executive team for decision making purpose.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Analyze footwear cost break-downs to determine accurateness.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and present to product teams.
- Maintain up-to-date production costs, from development stage until final confirmation.
- Research/study material pricing and usage (leather/textiles/synthetics).
- Review import duty rates in relation to the country of origin and impact to landed costs.
- Data entry in multiple systems/reports.
- Communicate with different departments, teams, etc.
- Combine data output from our various in-house systems (FOS, E2, Laramie, Hydee, SPLT, PDAF, PMAF, SMAF) to generate analytical reports for the executive team.
- Check source documents for accuracy. Verify data and correct data when necessary.
- Generate/Maintain reports from prepared data sets.
- Comply with data integrity policies.
- Provide support for miscellaneous projects within the Product Costing team.
- General recurring tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly frequency.
- Intermediate proficiency and knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/Access/PowerPoint/Word)
- General knowledge of basic cost structure related to Labor, Overhead, R&D, Profit, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communicator
- Great attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree Preferred
- Working experience involving data analysis
- Computer Applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Access
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.