Retail Marketing Intern
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Supports the marketing department in all efforts related to in-store execution of promotions to drive conversion and sales. Assists with outside advertising/events to drive traffic into the stores.
Essential Job Results
- Place orders for promotional signs and replenishment of existing toolkit collateral. Ensure that deadlines are met.
- Run and analyze reports to determine the effectiveness of promotions.
- Work in tandem with the Operations department to communicate promotions to office and field.
- Fulfill store sign/collateral requests.
- Assist with execution of approved marketing participation opportunities. Communicate details to relevant parties.
- Supply new and anniversary stores with custom flyers and prepare email blasts to support their events.
- Coordinate seasonal marketing collateral to use for grassroots efforts from start to finish including artwork creation, field communication, and reporting/analysis.
- Assists with research for events and advertising projects as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Must have a strong command of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to frequent changes and the ability to react quickly.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and work cross-functionally on projects to success.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Highly Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have at least 1 successful full-time or internship experience in a corporate marketing, corporate retail position or similar.
- College GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience through work or extracurricular activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- BA or BS in business or marketing or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Basic to advanced understanding of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator is desirable but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.