Salesforce Developer, Marketing Cloud
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Marketing Cloud Developer is responsible for understanding business requirements and delivering high-quality technical solutions that empower the Marketing teams to utilize the Marketing Cloud automation platform.
This new position will support the email marketing team with building custom queries, email templates, amp script-based dynamic templates, automation jobs, and build out comprehensive customer journeys.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Platforms & Data, the ideal candidate will have experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Commerce Cloud (B2C/B2B).
Essential Job Results
- Resident Salesforce technology expert responsible for design and technical implementation
- Translate business and marketing challenges into well-designed solutions.
- Collaborate with internal feature development team to determine best path for Salesforce platform implementation.
- Stay in tune with latest Salesforce technology updates, changes, community, and roadmap(s).
- Understand the ins and outs of complex technology environments and know how to optimize solutions for efficiency and simplicity
- Responsible for the iteratively improving our Marketing Cloud data model and architecture
- Enjoy teaching and coaching the business team on how to best use Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Maintain and document technical processes and marketing automation procedures and provide seamless hand-off to business users to utilize
- Training on Salesforce cloud platforms
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with non-technical personnel
- Experience with email and/or marketing automation software and integration with databases
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) aka ExactTarget is required.
- Experience working with all Marketing Cloud Builders and Studios, including Mobile Connect and Personalization Builder for Emails
- Develop responsive email templates with extensive knowledge of AMPscript and Guide Template Language
- Experience implementing automated solutions utilizing Marketing Cloud Server-Side Java Script (SSJS)
- Master with SQL and robust understanding of Marketing Cloud’s contact data model
- Extensive experience utilizing Journey Builder with thorough understanding of Audience Builder configuration.
- Ability to elicit requirements and translate to technical solutions that can scale across multiple business units
- Experience with web service integration (REST/SOAP)
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a marketing cloud administrator and/or developer
- Strong background in agile SCRUM agile practices and associated tools (Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of database technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Certified in Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer and/or Marketing Cloud Consultant is preferred, but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.