- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com.
The Project Coordinator will focus on providing support to all aspects of the
SKECHERS Domestic wholesale in-store custom marketing process. This would include but not be limited to custom in-store graphics, and custom in-store point of purchase projects.
Essential Job Results
• Work directly with In-Store Custom Marketing team and the Domestic Sales National Sales Managers to obtain detailed information so in store custom projects can be initiated in an efficient, cost effective manner. Responsible for timeliness, accuracy, and transfer of information.
• First point of contact and liaison with Domestic Sales and Domestic Wholesale
Clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objective.
• Attend Marketing breakout meetings; assist with the presentation of new possibilities to increase sales in a cost-effective manner. Provide recap notes as needed.
• Review Domestic Marketing Plan; work closely with the Domestic Sales team to ensure plan is effectively initiated in a timely cost-effective manner.
• Ensuring clients' needs are met as the project evolves.
• Maintain Work In Progress report, assign tasks to internal teams
• Prepare weekly Work In Progress report and forward to upper management.
• Provide insight related to the overall investment of the project.
• Analyze risks and opportunities; while meeting with clients or Sales team to obtain information that can be shared with the Custom In-Store team to identify new opportunities to increase sales or to identify potential risks that would hinder the overall objective.
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance test; for example review documents on the shared drive to ensure filing is accurate. Report discrepancies as needed.
• Assist Director of Custom In-Store Marketing to identify workflow improvement opportunities, as well as other projects as needed.
• Vet potential vendors; share qualified vendors with the team and create FAQ sheets.
Conduct site visits with vendors as needed.
• Conduct quarterly site surveys of competitors, wholesale partners and
• Support all aspects of product sales conferences and sales meetings, including planning, setup and breakdown
• Field incoming calls/vendor solicitations
• Assist with custom projects as needed
• Prepare reports as needed
• Coordinate special projects as needed
• Must possess above average working knowledge in Microsoft including Excel, (expanding columns, v-lookups, sorting, filtering etc.), PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Word
• Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships among all cross-functional groups
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills, with strong attention to detail to prioritize multiple projects and priorities
• Self-starter with a high level of initiative, a strong sense of urgency and ownership
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Must display a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
• Must have at least 3-4 years of experience in visual merchandising, sales support or a corporate environment
• A BA or AA in business, marketing, visual merchandising or a related field is preferred
• Footwear or apparel industry experience is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.