Retail Sales Associate - North Bend
- 461 South Fork Ave SW #421-A1, North Bend, WA, United States
- Employment Status: Regular
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
The role of a Product Specialist is to assist the management team in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement during every work shift. Responsible for meeting and exceeding retail productivity measurements including total sales goals, units per transaction (UPT), total units sold, and average dollar (ADS) through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expected to meet or exceed assigned personal sales goals and personal metric objectives.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Ability to develop long-term client relationships and/or managing a client base.
• Ability to analyze options for customers, makes decisions and takes action with an out of the box approach in order to improve business results.
• Properly and accurately receives merchandise, totals bills, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in our retail stores (if trained to do so).
• Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly total sales and determine bill (if trained to do so).
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to the customer.
• Graciously accept returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management if customer requires return/exchange transactions.
• Demonstrates good salesmanship.
• Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise. Sets up displays according to company directives.
• Ability to professionally communicate and engages customers by answering questions and sharing product features and benefits.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• A minimum of one year cumulative retail/customer service experience required
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.