Director of Visual Merchandising
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Skechers Visual Director will work with their team to create compelling in-store displays, windows and full brand presentation standards to drive traffic and increase sales revenue. He or she will have significant understanding of our overall business strategy to develop and implement visual plans in line with the brand image. They will collaborate with the product team and support the stores and field management with clear informative visual standards and guidelines. This individual will be a visionary who excels at focusing on the store experience - a key partner who will influence others, achieve goals, and embrace ambiguity and change.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop short and long-term visual strategies that support the Skechers brand (Apparel, Footwear and Accessories)
- Oversee implementation of high-profile window displays through collaboration with the company Marketing Graphics Team
- Drive fixture development in partnership with store design team to showcase new and existing product categories and new initiatives
- Responsible for all in-store visual merchandising aspects involved in the multiple retail channels (Concept, Outlet, Warehouse): Create floor sets and window directives
- Develop exciting window presentations. Highlight and showcase all key product initiatives to drive traffic and increase sales
- Support new store openings by reviewing and approving flow maps
- Initiate seasonal display/presentation to support high business peaks of the year: BTS, Holiday and Spring
- Possess strong business acumen and awareness of Skechers big initiatives and marketing campaigns in order to most effectively merchandise the product in-store to drive sales
- Shop the competition regularly to increase knowledge and understanding of the visual industry and competitive market place
- Communicate regularly with Field leadership and provide visual presentation feedback and direction on high profile store locations
- Develop and maintain visual presentation standards guides/videos
- Work with internal and external vendors to create fixtures and visual props
- Manage quarterly visual calendars and ensure deadlines are met consistently
- Collaborate with international retail, franchise partners and wholesale to govern visual consistency
- Develop and manage yearly visual expense budget
- Partner with Store Design & Construction to approve any new store opening issues specific to fixture layout
- Partner with Retail Marketing and Graphics/POP departments in order to properly plan and execute visual calendar
- Manage, develop, inspire and engage a talented visual team to maximize productivity
- Build strong partnerships and communication with key cross functional teams across the company
- Supervises a Visual Merchandising Team
- Other duties as assigned based on visual projects.
- 5+ years experience in Visual Merchandising/ Presentation for a retail company
- Business or Fashion Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and any other creative/design software
- Strong leadership and management experience a must
- Excellent attention to detail, follow up and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Strong flexibility and adaptability skills
- Ability and flexible to travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.