Bilingual - Public Relations (PR) & Social Media Coordinator
- 5055 Satellite Dr, Mississauga, ON L4W 5K7, Canada
- Employment Status: Regular
NOW TRENDING: Careers at SKECHERS.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
This role is a Bilingual Role. Please note only bilingual applicants will be considered.
This is a dual role. We are looking for candidates with mainly experience in Public Relations (2-4 years). Only 1 year of Social Media experience is required. Candidates who don't meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the role.
- Strategically coordinate print, film/TV, online, and celebrity product placement opportunities for SKECHERS domestic brands.
- Pitch key bloggers and social media outlets to ensure proper message is communicated and our footwear is featured in a positive and accurate manner.
- Pitch editors regularly on key styles and secure front of book stories – need to see placements in weeklies and fashion books as well as articles on our brands.
- Assist with design and assembly of press mailings including seasonal look books and editor/celebrity gifting. Involves getting images shot in-house, designing collateral and executing mailings. Should be done on an on-going basis as well as seasonally.
- Contact talent publicists and assist with celebrity gifting outreach. Follow up and track entertainment/pop culture blogs for photos of celebrities wearing SKECHERS footwear.
- Manage database of key wardrobe stylists to secure footwear on celebrities in TV shows and in films.
- Assist with event organization and execution as needed (celebrity, charity and corporate events).
- Develop media alerts and pitches for local press to promote SKECHERS community events.
- Write press releases as needed.
- Communicate PR placement reports to internal marketing team and social media to ensure all are informed.
- Track ongoing press placements (print, video, online) and create monthly press reports.
- Scan press placements and organize digital files/hard copies for PR archives.
- Develop social media strategy for each platform, integrating key styles and messaging of the company.
- Manage content (words and images) for social sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as well as ecommerce platform
- Monitor and help resolve customer inquiries and issues on all social media channels.
- Develop online contests and other engagement tools to drive awareness and fans.
- Monitor SKECHERS international social sites and streaming content to our international subsidiaries and partners.
- Facilitate graphics projects requests for all SKECHERS social media accounts.
- Work with marketing and eCommerce teams to define KPIs for success and track them.
- Research, write, edit and update reports for both domestic and international SKECHERS social channels, this includes weekly, monthly, campaign and event reports.
- Collaborate with internal team and external SKECHERS partners in social media campaign tracking and reporting.
- Execute innovative campaigns with associated timelines, requirements and outcomes as it relates to social media and the integration of ecommerce and retail
- Monitor competitors and broader social trends, analyze and recommend strategies to drive to a better position in the market
- Assist with PR and social media at corporate events
- Order press clips, magazines, etc. with SKECHERS coverage
- Secure press appointments at key events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and experience:
- Must be able to write and speak French
- 2-4 years of Public Relations and Social Media experience preferably of Fashion, Athletic or Footwear.
- University or College Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Established contacts in fashion, running/fitness, charity, and TV media a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of popular culture and current fashion/footwear trends
- Experience developing promotions that drive membership, opt-in or purchase
- Knowledge of social media systems and best practices
- Understand web and digital marketing analytics, with working knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ideal candidate would have worked for a footwear or fashion brand