- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Computer-Aided Designer for our corporate and international stores. The Store CAD Designer will contribute to the design team and achieve departmental success in developing store construction plans, fixture drawings and merchandising layouts. This person will coordinate and manage the process of store design from conceptual design through permitting. During construction, the Store CAD Designer will assist the construction PM in answering any design-related questions from the general contractor.
Essential Job Results
- Perform all functions related to store design and construction document preparation in AutoCAD for Concept, Outlet and Warehouse store development.
- Coordinate the approval process with Landlords and government agencies to achieve all approvals preparatory to performing store construction.
- Coordinate and oversee the ordering and selection of signage, fixtures, furniture and equipment as it relates to store development.
- Assist in the design of fixtures furniture and equipment and help in the selection and specification of materials that will present in the store development process.
- Assist in maintaining both physical and digital project files.
- Coordinate with the construction team and contractors as needed to implement the store designs.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 13+,Google Sketch Up and V-Ray rendering platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- 2 years of retail and/or architectural experience
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Architecture or Interior Design
- Two years of Architecture or Retail Store Design
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.