Technical Project Manager, Data & Analytics
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at http://about.skechers.com.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management for Skechers’ technology project portfolio. The successful candidate will ensure consistency with Skechers technology standards and processes. These things will be achieved utilizing standard project management best practices for an on time, on schedule delivery. The candidate will execute project management methodology, operational execution while partnering with the Information Technology team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing the project plan, which includes staffing, responsibilities, and schedule
• Ensuring that project resources are used effectively
• Creation and management of project plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project costs and all other project management-related documentation
• Development and/or review of estimates and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience
• Performing day-to-day management of all phases of the project including requirements gathering, design, development, test, and deployment
• Complete project lifecycle ownership to include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one or more initiatives simultaneously
• Coordinating all project activities with business owners/stakeholders and other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams
• Communicating frequently with executive leadership to provide project risk analysis, status, and analysis of requirements that might impact strategic direction
• Project reporting to include status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues; communicating across leadership and reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Collaborating closely with the business owners/stakeholders and technical teams to identify and document detailed requirements, process flows, and data sources
• Manage external vendors, partners and internal contributors as needed to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of project(s)
• Review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process
• Measuring and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations
• Balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be both self-motivated and collaborative as is necessary to operate in the realm of enterprise technology projects, interacting with team members and vendors to resolve issues quickly.
• Project resources as needed.
• Proven ability to execute high-profile, multi-million dollar projects and to provide thought leadership to the organization
• Demonstrated excellence in communications (verbal and written), presentation, financial management, analytical and customer focus skills
• Experience in managing projects with teams both on and/or offshore
• A compelling and clear communicator, able to seamlessly traverse varying levels of technical detail when working directly with technical specialists, business stakeholders and executives
• Experience with the unique issues and needs of technology projects
• Understanding of technologies and concepts related to Business Intelligence and Data including Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Dashboards & Reporting (visualizations), Machine Learning and AI
• Able to document and communicate progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
• Act as a liaison between the Data Engineering, Global Business Insights team, Retail, Wholesale, International and Digital teams with in the context of data-related initiatives
• Able to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
• Expertise in managing client relationships and negotiating changes to commitments/requirements
• Understanding of technical data sets, databases, data management, and data retrieval
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing and Agile Games
• Experience with formal SDLC and business analysis methodologies
• Ability to work well with technical and non-technical resources
• Able to take strategic direction from management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
• Able to see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Master’s Degree preferred
• The preferred candidate will have 6+ years’ experience as a Project Manager with at least 10 years work experience desired
• In-depth experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server (or other project management tools, i.e. Clarity)
• In-depth experience in Agile methodologies (SDLC, SCRUM, RUP, RUN, XP)
• PMP, CSM Certifications preferred
• Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.