Retail eCommerce Buyer
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at http://about.skechers.com.
The Retail eCommerce Buyer is responsible for selecting and merchandising a range of products to sell on Skechers eCommerce sites. Work with Retail Merchandise Manager and Retail DMMs to select new products and review existing items to ensure a proper product mix and balanced availability flow specific to the eCommerce model. Merchandising factors include customer demand, market trends, product availability, product flow, and pricing strategy. This position works closely with Retail Buying, eCommerce Merchandising, eCommerce and Retail Marketing, Photography, Planning, Allocations, and Brand Teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Update Bulk inventory for top performing and out of stock product
• Work with eCommerce team to ensure proper flow of product to eCommerce websites in support of the category/brand vision
• Efficiently achieve sales and profitability by consistently reviewing and appropriately editing product lines, ensuring there is a balanced SKU assortment in style, pattern, color, and size.
• Liaising with planners to ensure the product offered is right for our customers and supports our business objectives
• Work in tandem with planners, analyzing past sales figures and current trends to anticipate future product needs and devise a merchandise plan
• Provide support and sales strategy to Marketing and Retail Operations with sales and inventory reports
• Ensure proper pricing for all products specific to the eCommerce strategy
• Attend Retail Buyer planning sessions and assortment meetings to ensure all trends and brands are well represented on eCommerce sites
• Partner with Retail Store Buyers and Brand Teams to source products for web including opportunities for web exclusives
• Update website merchandising to accurately reflect both eCommerce and Concept Retail sales, trends and initiatives
• Must be driven to excel and succeed, taking full ownership for his or her success
• Must have good familiarity with eCommerce buying and merchandising
• Must have aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Superior communication skills; able to communicate persuasively, influentially and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
• Excels in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in eCommerce buying, planning and merchandising with a medium to large size retailer
• Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.