Associate Merchandiser- Kids, International Asia Joint Ventures
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the Skechers product line you will represent for the Skechers International Joint Ventures. Support company objectives to enable growth and profitability in the International division. Offer new ideas and solutions to increase sales. Analyze the business to determine additional opportunities. Effectively communicate all directives on products to JV partners via emails, phone calls and in person.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
Become an expert in your assigned product line, manage and communicate product assortments and line sheets, determine when and how to react to best and worst sellers. Build and maintain assortments that are relevant for each joint venture market. Candidate must consistently monitor the joint venture business to see what key styles and/or colors they may have missed and communicate that to each Countries with the intent to increase sales. Review bookings/shipments by country and division and present assortments to increase sales.
- Build and maintain assortments relevant for each joint venture market.
- Run reports and produce sales analysis documents.
- Review overall sales and understand which categories the joint ventures are achieving growth in or losing sales.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Continually reviewing each JV’s product assortments to be sure that they have all key initiatives represented and find those missed opportunities that can result in increased sales. Work with the each JV’s on sample selections.
- Give projections by outsole/category and able to put together a sales target at the sku level.
- Demonstrate high level of quality work focusing with specific attention to details.
- Collaborate and communicate with VP – GMM of International
- Help International partners to understand product availability, sales samples, sales trends, key initiatives, marketing strategies and product direction.
- Responsible for communicating all product information to each JV accounts on a regular and timely basis. This includes but is not limited to adds, drops, revisions, availability, key initiatives and updated photos of any aesthetic changes when available.
- Answering questions via email daily in a timely manner is essential as the time differences in regions can cause delays.
- As there are few occasions to work in person, phone calls and emails are essential to success in this position. We must be comfortable with phone communications and face to face product presentations.
- Ability to work independently, but also convey successful team building skills.
Trade Shows/ International product conferences:
- Work with joint ventures to understand their business focusing on key assortments and products they have on order. Make educated recommendations for styles that can work in their markets.
- Present product lines to internal sales teams
- Present product lines to customers when applicable
- Set up and break down trade shows and product conferences. Become an expert in your lines as this position requires you have extensive product knowledge of a large volume of SKUs.
- Build rapport with joint venture partners through trade shows/conferences to grow and develop relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Highly detailed and organized
- Problem solving skills
- Kids product experience is a plus
- International experience a plus
- Sales background a plus
- Proficient in Mandarin language preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of Merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s degree
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.