- 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Drive the design direction for Skechers’ apparel that aligns with our Brand Values.
Essential Job Results
- Lead designers, graphics designers, and assistants in creating product collections that are commercially viable, on-trend, and align with the Brand DNA.
- The product will be created for the Skechers consumer domestically and internationally; of best quality, function, versatility and comfort.
- You will join an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic professionals, working towards significant expansion and growth.
- Develop from Concept through to commercialization women’s, men’s performance, athleisure, lifestyle products covering multiple categories and end-uses.
- Contribute to the creation of the merchandise line plan and overall line direction for each seasonal assortment.
- Create unique, on-trend prints and graphics that help the seasonal story. Create color palettes and color theories that are impactful and relevant to sales trends as well as fashion trends.
- Identify big ideas, key items, trend-right toe-to-head outfits that hook into the footwear.
- Partner with PD to develop, source and approve all materials, trims, branding, labeling, packaging for all products.
- Partner with TD to insure consistent fits and quality workmanship across all categories. Stay current with consumer feedback and on fits.
- Be well informed on industry news and activity, emerging trends both in apparel and in footwear.
- Strong Design Ability with an excellent fashion radar and color sensibility.
- Proven leader with a standard of excellence in creativity and technical expertise.
- Clear communicator with effective presentation skills, an entrepreneurial mind.
- Ability to follow, manage and hit key milestone dates along the Apparel Division Master Time AND Action Calendar.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photo Shop skills are required.
- Computer proficiency; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), PLM (Product Life Management) system.
- BA Degree from a college/university in the field of Design, Apparel Design, Technical Design.
- 5 years of experience leading a design team.
- Practical design experience with the ability to show work and accomplishments.
- Adaptable to a change with the ability to accept criticism.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in apparel and key accounts, preferably in the upper Midwest, Texas,