Data Engineer Intern
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Intern
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
Are you excited about high performance data implementation? Then great! the Skechers USA Data Engineering team is growing, and we need Data Engineering Interns who are thorough and agile, willing to learn and adapt and capable of breaking down and solving problems. In the Data Engineering team, you will work on real-world problems working on OnPrem or multi cloud tech stack where reliability, accuracy and speed are paramount, take responsibility for your systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
We are looking for an Intern Data Engineer with an understanding of structured/semi structured/Complex data processing and streaming frameworks; RDBMS and NoSQL data stores. As a member of our Data Services team you will be mentored by peers who are responsible for continuing organizational expansion of our data processing projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
The successful candidate will be both self-motivated and collaborative as is necessary to operate in the realm of enterprise technology projects, interacting with team members and vendors to resolve issues quickly.
· Team collaboration by building existing knowledge base in Confluence and creating LucidChart flows.
· Involved in the development of ETL/ELT to deliver data for reporting, troubleshoot and resolve production data integrity and performance issues.
· Develop SQL scripts work with script languages (Python, shell etc.) to wrap applications execution.
· Support various Data Platform Applications and Data Warehouse Applications
· Understanding of NoSQL data stores with experience in working with SQL, script languages (Python, shell etc.)
· Understanding of AWS managed services for data ingestion, processing with hands on experience working in AWS environment, and have a strong knowledge of S3, Glue and Athena.
· Writing tech specs and documentation
· Linux KSH/bash scripting
· Understanding of how an ETL/ELT toolsets works.
· Experience with any of the following message / file formats: Parquet, Avro
· Expertise in Python, pySpark or similar programming languages
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- The preferred candidate will have 2+ years experience as an Engineer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.