Sample Coordinator-Men's Performance
- 330 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
To be responsible for a specific division’s samples within corporate office and to maintain the corporate showroom with most complete and correct sample line. As well as distribute samples domestically for account sales meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
Monitor and Maintain the showrooms multiple times a day which includes:
- Organize the wall and audit once a week
- Add new styles to the wall.
- Remove all reduced and dropped styles from the wall.
- Make sure the most correct sample is in showroom.
- Create table displays of key styles.
- Clean showroom after account meetings.
- Lay out new development samples
- Check in with other coordinators to direct any new changes for the day that might need to be made based on meeting/team schedules
Maintain storage rooms.
Coordinate domestic and international conferences, trade shows and photo shoots which includes:
- Insuring all new samples arrive on time.
- Communicate with the Orient office regarding samples ETD.
- Track orders regularly to insure minimal room for error/delays
- Set up bi-annual Global Sales Conference and prepare the NY showroom for the NY Shoe Show
- Work with other sample coordinators to manage timelines for packing and shipping.
- Oversee packing and shipping duties and step in with guidance or to help sample coordinator team with any last minute/additional duties to ensure all runs smoothly
Distribute incoming development, fit, national account, and conformation samples to appropriate person.
Work with sales reps and product team to coordinate the use of “rare” corporate samples and keep samples for their account meetings.
Work with Digital Imaging team to insure all samples are shot and displayed online
Fulfill all samples request and provide ETA and tracking information
Audit line sheet to make sure all styles have correct lineart
Track NA and Sales Samples and maintain a log for all styles in the division
Work directly with PM for list of NA/SLS/INA/CAN/RSH samples and order accordingly
Print development reports for Merchandisers and VP, track development when necessary
- Possible travel to trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Help to direct and lead sample coordinator team in order to coordinate duties and make any adjustments necessary for daily responsibilities/tasks to run more efficiently
- Must be highly organized; able to take direction and work independently.
- Must be a team player with positive, can-do attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work in a professional manner.
- Must have proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, provide a high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be able to move boxes and carry shoes between buildings.
- Must be able to travel by company vehicle between Skechers office buildings throughout Manhattan Beach.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable under company’s standard liability policy, as issued by company’s current insurance carrier. (DMV printout must be provided by candidate at interview.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education:Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Product Development, Fashion or Design preferred
- Amount of Experience: 1-2 years professional work experience in office environment or footwear retail experience
- Computer Applications: proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Power Point) Photoshop and Illustrator a plus but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.