Retail Allocations Intern
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Intern
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Retail Allocator works in tandem with the Retail Analyst, Senior Allocator and Store Planner to maintain a balanced in-store inventory assortment, shipping to a weekly priority list and Open to Ship targets and supporting the pre-allocation process.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Ship to open-to-ship targets within +/-10% by store, following the weekly priority list. Priority styles for stores with no OTS must be turned into Store Planner for approval by given deadlines.
- Submit write recap on a daily basis.
- Ensure proper allocation by door based on gender/category store demands (within +/-10%). Store demands will be communicated by Store Planner on a weekly basis.
- Utilize weekly Top 24 to review and adjust models using model matrix. (All model adjustments over 20% require Store Planner approval). A recap of all model adjustments is due to Store Planner each week.
- Communicate Top 24 stock-outs to Store Planner.
- Identify and communicate any shipping issues to the Store Planner.
- Work in tandem with Senior Allocator and Store Planner to ensure execution of initial allocation and replenishment of product to all assigned stores.
- Compare pre-allocation to store demands and skus plans prior to the start of a quarter. Complete a summary of findings and necessary actions, to be given to Store Planner and Sr. Allocator no later than 45 days prior to a quarter’s start date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong aptitude with numbers
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excels in a team environment and in developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determintation to accomplish goals
- Driven to excel and succeed, taking full ownership of his or her success
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Computer proficient with Advanced computer skills in Excel ( pivot tables, v-lookups, etc)
- Passionate about customer service
- Prepare Ad Hoc reports as needed
EXPERIENCE – EDUCATION
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Minimum 3 years Allocations experience in retail – preferably in footwear
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.