IT Release Manager
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Release Manager will schedule, manage, control and communicate software releases across multiple platforms. They will interface with all IT functions to improve and standardize the release process, and work towards a faster release cadence with the right approach & tools, along with ensuring adherence to the Skechers SDLC & the move towards Agile/Scrum principles.
• Track and manage system dependencies for both internal and external systems
• Identify and promote new techniques for improving agile software development
• Provide guidance to product owner and scrum teams on user story creation and define user acceptance criteria for each released feature.
• Help teams reduce exposure of classic failures for software development projects. (e.g. requirements not clearly defined/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, fail to communicate to third party vendor or technologies, insufficient testing in QA, etc.)
• Assist scrum teams on backlog grooming
• Track system releases and produce Change Log and Release Notes to technical and non-technical audience
• Organize and schedule releases for multiple platforms
• Act as an interface between product, DevOps and QA to manage release schedules
• Track the releases with the teams on a regular basis through release readiness reviews
• Review test plans and test cases
• Communicate progress through release metrics and impediments of the releases to the PMO on a weekly basis
• Manage release management tools efficiently and ensure all the data is accurate, relevant and easily accessible
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect the scope of the release, schedule and quality. Be the point person for all release management issues.
• Work closely with DevOps on release branching strategies
• Ensure consistent, on time delivery of releases
• Ensure releases are well orchestrated and follow all the necessary steps to ensure proper visibility and approvals are obtained throughout the process
• Develop standard release management procedures
• Create and publish release documentation to stakeholders
• Ensure the roll out of every release is well managed and meets expectations.
• Measure release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics across the entire software portfolio.
• Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
• Be the Product owner for the Skechers IT Change Control Process
• Chair the Enterprise applications Change Control Board
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to manage a variety of concurrent projects, in a fast-paced environment
• Technical writing experience is a plus
• Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, and GitHub is a plus.
• Highly-organized with outstanding time management skills
• Offshore delivery coordination experience
• High-level understanding of building and maintaining SaaS products
• Experience in Running IT Change Control Process
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
• Experience in an Waterfall and hybrid software development environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in managing the delivery of software development projects, within agile software development framework.
• Previous experience in Release Management for a Global Organization
• Previous experience in Change Control within a Global Organization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.