International Fixture Furniture and Equipment Manager
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Manage the Fixture, Furniture and Equipment (including lighting, signage and finishes) design, procurement, vendor management, shipment and logistics for Skechers retail stores worldwide.
Essential Job Results
- Lead the design efforts in designing appropriate fixture and furniture design for Skechers Concept, Outlet and Warehouse stores
- Work closely with the store design management team to meet the budget and design objectives for store design concepts
- Mentor and help other staff members in the design process of fixture and furniture design for specific projects
- Develop and maintain design integrity though the preliminary design stage, shop drawing approval, and value engineering process
- Research, source and qualify vendors to create a worldwide network of fixture vendors who qualify to design, build and manage the logistics of shipment and deliver fixtures at a competitive cost.
- Maintain a material library and sample archive. Maintain electronic file storage and documentation in an organized manner for all approved shop drawings.
- Carry out complete and fair bidding processes and negotiations to gain competitive pricing, and value engineering.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 13+,Google Sketch Up and V-Ray rendering platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- 3 years of retail and/or architectural experience
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator
- Some travel may be required (less than 25%)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Architecture or Interior Design
- Three years of Architecture or Retail Store Design
- Prefer previous experience in fixture design and vendor management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.