Retail Facilities Coordinator
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Facilities Coordinator will administer and coordinate a facilities services program to maintain and repair U.S and Canadian Corporate Retail stores and the corporate environment to a lesser degree. This position will leverage the best contractor and services base to ensure high quality, effective, and economical support of our stores’ operations and to provide the customer with a quality atmosphere in which to shop.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Respond to service requests within specified timeframe 95% of the time.
- Move issues towards resolution by following up on overdue service responses, invoices, approvals, or other information, within expected timeframes.
- Meet or exceed the service level expectations of customers.
- Effective relationships within facilities team and with other home office contacts.
- Coordinates the contracting and completion of all repair and maintenance work in stores
- Ensures timely auditing, entry and payment of all invoices
- Communicates with all levels of Retail Operations to ensure they are kept informed and have input on work being performed
- May conducts site visits and solicits feedback from stores to ensure best work quality and value possible from vendors and service providers; follows up on outstanding or repeat issues and assesses viability of vendor relationship as necessary
- Prepares, submits and follows up on insurance claims resulting from crime and casualty situations, ensuring claims resolution; coordinates repairs accordingly
- Notifies and corresponds with landlords on facilities and maintenance issues and follows up to ensure fulfillment of their R&M and common area lease responsibilities
- Ensures all vendors and service providers are compliant with all provincial and federal health and safety legislation when performing work in stores; solicits feedback from internal auditing team and takes action on any and all compliance orders from government agencies
- Ensures all in-store equipment meets all relevant health and safety legislation and facilitates procurement of new equipment as necessary
- Supports or manages special projects such as store refreshes, renovations, or rollouts of company initiatives or programs
- Has the ability to see the total organization with an integrated perspective
- Develops positive and productive peer relationships
- Works in a collaborative and constructive manner with team and cross functional partners
- Understands/demonstrates in a manner that promotes, and is aligned with, company's Mission, Vision, and Beliefs.
- Retail Operations
- Store Design
- Visual Merchandising
- Real Estate
- Government code and compliance agencies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet).
- General knowledge of building structure and systems: HVAC, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, roofing, glazing, flooring, etc.
- General knowledge of landlord-tenant relationships and leasing terminology
- Basic ability to read architectural drawings.
- Excellent communication, judgment, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with a Work Order Management system considered an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to remain focused when dealing with multiple ongoing issues.
- Ability to participate and support others in a team environment.
- Calm and reassuring personality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma required, college diploma or university degree preferred.
- Education from BOMI, in building systems, equipment management and energy management is considered an asset.
- 2+ years of multi-unit R&M or construction experience.
- Retail store operations experience considered an asset.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience and ability to manage service provider performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.