- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of Skechers' critical storage and compute infrastructure, including physical, virtual, and public cloud resources. They are also responsible for ensuring the reliability, availability and serviceability of these systems by leveraging data protection, monitoring, and proactive maintenance activities. The Systems Engineer seeks to continuously improve reliability and performance in support of business goals by building-in automation, responding to incidents, planning for growth, and collaborating with colleagues in the IT department.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Install, configure, maintain, and support Skechers' storage and compute infrastructure in corporate offices, branch offices, and in the cloud, including: physical compute hardware, virtualization technologies, block and network attached storage, backup and recovery, and IaaS resources.
• Monitor performance and resource utilization to ensure system availability and reliability.
• Ensure patches and updates to infrastructure hardware is applied in a timely manner and establish maintenance windows as needed to minimize disruption to operations.
• Develop and maintain documentation of technical processes and infrastructure diagrams.
• Participate in the training and support of service desk and client support groups to assist in the timely resolution of incidents and requests.
• Work with IT and non-IT groups to implement production applications.
• Support Skechers' vision of growth while maintaining stability and data availability across the global enterprise.
• Occasional travel to branch offices to implement or support remote systems.
• Consult with vendors and salespeople to evaluate new products and technologies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Thorough grasp of virtualization technologies and related concepts, such as: traditional compute and storage virtualization, HCI, IaaS, orchestration and automation, and resource planning.
• Experience operating and maintaining enterprise storage and compute hardware in a distributed global environment
• Through understanding of modern data backup and protection strategies.
• Working familiarity with enterprise infrastructure design, including: networking, Windows/Linux operating system environments, application architecture, and enterprise databases.
• Direct experience (5+ years) with UNIX and Windows systems and Active Directory
• Experience working in cloud and hybrid-cloud environments.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
• Comfortable working with automation and performance analysis tools.
• Ability to provide support to end users in a professional manner.
• Comfortable working with multiple operating systems and command line tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent documentation skills, including experience creating and maintaining infrastructure diagrams.
• Experience with automation and scripting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.