Junior Graphic Artist, Apparel
- 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Junior Graphic Designer will work closely with Sr. Graphic Artist and Apparel team to concept and create graphics/prints/ trims that coincide with the different apparel categories: Mainline collection (Men’s and Women’s graphics), Bob’s for Dogs graphic assortment, Retail graphics (regional graphics, plus custom retail requests), SMU/ Wholesale Projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Support Sr. Graphic artist with overall graphic workload. The Junior Graphic Designer's responsibilities include:
- Creating original artwork.
- Sending out complete artwork, providing direction of scale.
- Advising PMS call outs and printing techniques.
- Work 3-D when sizing and placing artwork on body.
- Enter all art tech packs into PLM.
- Keep Graphic Visual Line sheets and PLM up to date.
- Review and comment on strike offs and trouble shoot printing techniques with PD team and factories.
- File and organize printing techniques. Work with Sr. Artist to build printing standards with the factories.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign in order to build seasonal sales booklets.
- Design trim package between different apparel categories. Keep trim library up to date and comment on all submits.
- Stay on top of graphic trends in the market.
- Must have knowledge of the different types of print techniques required for a variety of fabrications.
- Communicates clearly with development and factories. Able to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- High level of knowledge and proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Strong understanding of printing production.
- Creative and self motivated.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to integrate feedback in order to meet internal objectives.
- Reliably meet deadlines and work quickly.
- Own projects and see them through from beginning to end.
- Research, shop competitive market.
- Stay on top of graphic trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of applied experience working as a Graphic Designer within an apparel or print company preferred.
- Knowledge of print production a plus.
- Knowledge of Digital Photography and how to import/manipulate digital media.
- Design skills including drawing/sketching, painting, typography, color theory, texture and visual presentation.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Advanced Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign etc.) skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other basic computer programs.
- Experience with MAC.
- Basic knowledge of Flex PLM. Loading graphic matrix to web-based database.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal Training (certified) and/or educational background in Graphic Arts required. AA or BA in Graphic Arts / Fine Arts / Illustration preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.