Designer, Women's Apparel
- 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Collaborate with Sr. Women’s Designer to design Women’s Active Apparel Collection. Strong knowledge of active/ athleisure market. Help concept, build trend boards and execute designs from conception to production stage.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Proven experience with creating CADs and line sheets.
- Demonstrated understanding of garment construction and production processes.
- Attend all fittings and support Sr. Designer with fit comments.
- Create seasonal tech packs & BOMs, responsible for keeping packs updated and in PLM.
- Study and interpret market conditions and trends from a design perspective as related to active apparel.
- Work with Sr. Designer on fabric development.
- Maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams and departments to create a streamlined process.
- Shop and stay up to date with competitive market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong color perception and design ability
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction, fit, and fabrication
- Ability to understand the needs of and develop product resonating with Skechers Apparel target market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experienced with seasonal color, trend and theme research, and interpretation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
- Self Starter
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree or advanced degree in specific design discipline desired
- 5-8 years design experience
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills required
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.