Associate Merchandiser -International
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Now Trending: Careers at SKECHERS.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the Skechers product line you will represent for Subsidiaries. Support company objectives to enable growth and profitability in the International division. Offer new ideas and solutions to increase sales. Analyze the business to determine additional opportunities. Effectively communicate all directives on products to Subsidiaries via emails, phone calls and in person.
Become a product expert. Manage and communicate product assortments, manage line sheets, order samples for subsidiary showrooms and sales staff, determine when to react to best sellers. Candidate must consistently monitor the subsidiaries to see what key styles and/or colors they may have missed and communicate that to the Country Manager with the intent to increase sales. Review bookings/shipments by country and division and present assortments to increase sales.
Daily and weekly duties:
• Answer subsidiary product questions while continually sending out product information
• Build and maintain assortments relevant for each Subsidiary market.
• Help International partners to understand product availability, sales samples, sales trends, key initiatives, marketing strategies and product direction.
• Maintain linesheets/new adds/drops/reductions for each Subsidiary line.
• Review overall sales and understand what categories the subsidiaries are achieving growth or losing sales. • Give projections by outsole/category
• Collaborate and communicate with VP – GMM of International
• Aggressive sales approach is needed. As there are few occasions to work in person, phone calls and emails are essential to success in this position. The merchandiser must be comfortable with phone communications and face to face product presentations.
• Demonstrate high level of quality work focusing with specific attention to details.
• Ability to work independently, but also convey successful team building skills.
• Run reports and produce sales analysis documents
Trade Shows/ International product conferences:
• Work with subsidiaries to understand their business focusing on key assortments and products they have on order. Make educated recommendations for styles that can work in their markets.
• Present product lines to internal sales teams
• Present product lines to customers when applicable
• Set up and break down trade shows and product conferences. Become an expert in your lines as this position requires you have extensive product knowledge of a large volume of SKUs.
• Build rapport with subsidiaries through trade shows/conferences to grow and develop relationships.
• 4 years of Merchandising/Planning experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Problem solving skills
• Previous tradeshow experience a plus
• International experience a plus
• Sales background a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.