- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
As a member of the Information Technology (IT) team, the Data Architect is critical in providing leadership with ongoing analysis, design, and implementation of changes to the multidimensional data model any future Decision support systems that will form the backbone of the Big Data ecosystem. You will join a tight knit group of key contributors within the Data Engineering team; who are actively working together to achieve aggressive goals and meet timelines to drive the business forward.
• Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross system integration, interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise view of Skecher’s data needs
• Design, coordinate and execute pilots/prototypes/POC to provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
• Perform data source gap analysis and create data source/target catalogs and mappings
• Design and implement conceptual, logical, and physical data models for an Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Design cloud-based data warehouse & operational reporting optimized for appropriate source data extraction
• Lead multiple projects and efforts to orchestrate and deliver cohesive data solutions in partnership with related architectural teams
• Build end-to-end data strategies designed with holistic systemic fit including specific post-launch operational processes
• Facilitate workshops to define requirements and develop solution designs
• Design database transaction structures and patterns for enterprise level usage as well as direct usage of canonical and enterprise data models
• Apply enterprise and solution architecture decisions to data architecture frameworks and models
• Maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts and procedures
• Recommend/Ensure technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.) for Data Engineering
• Collaborate with other technical teams to deliver data solutions which meet business and technical requirements
• Collaborate with all areas of data management as lead to ensure patterns, decisions, and tooling is implemented in accordance with enterprise standards
• Collaborate with IT teams, software providers and business owners to predict and devise data architecture that addresses business needs for collection, aggregation and interaction with multiple data streams
• Stay abreast on industry standards, emerging technologies, and best practices with the intent of applying it to Skecher’s data landscape
• Demonstrated experienced with the following: Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Modeling & Design, Metadata, Master Data, Data Quality (to include data profiling), Content Management, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence, Database Management (including Changed Data Capture (CDC)), Data Security, Data Integration (to include streaming data)
• In-depth knowledge and experience with data and information architecture patterns and implementation approaches for Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Data Lakes
• Proficiency in logical/physical data architecture, design and development
• Experience working with high volumes of data
• Advanced knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
• Experience in design, implementation and support of highly distributed data applications
• Experience developing with ingestion and clustering frameworks such as Kafka,YARN etc
• Hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark etc
• Experience with streaming data ingestion, machine-learning, Apache Spark a plus
• Experience in Data lake / Big data analytics platform implementation either cloud based or on-premise
• Experience with writing Kafka producers and consumers
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, often in light of ill-defined issues or conflicting information.
• Experience with Spark Streaming, Spark SQL in a production setting is a plus
• Excellent ability to elicit, gather, and manage requirements in an Agile delivery environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization. Ability to translate ambiguous concepts into tangible ideas.
• 10+ years of experience defining, designing and delivering data warehousing solutions
• At least 3 years documented experience in a data architect role on a variety of big data projects
• 3+ year experience on premises MPP data warehousing systems (e.g. Vertica, Teradata)
• 2+ year experience with cloud-based data warehousing systems (e.g. AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Google Big Query)
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field, or equivalent work experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.