PRODUCT DEVELOPER, GRAPHIC TSHIRTS
- 228 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Product Developer, Graphic T-shirts, manages the product life cycle from concept through delivery. This role analyzes, cultivates and drives their business forward. This role is a blended strategic and tactical function, proactively managing the TNA calendar with their counterparts to achieve deadlines without prompting by leadership. This role will analyze their business to identify cost trends with suppliers to drive sharper cost negotiations each season. The Product Developer is responsible for developing into target price points with suppliers and drives the negotiation process to achieve costs that meets or exceeds targets. They will understand the trends in the business to effectively manage the product development cycle and report to leadership any negative trends (i.e. cost increases, capacity issues, etc.) with suggested solutions to course correct. This role is a team player who continually strives to improve the development process with their colleagues. The Product Developer foresees possible delays in the pipeline and course corrects before an issue arises. The Product Developer, Graphic T-shirts, works globally with China SKX team as well as manages direct vendor relationships in Western Hemisphere and USA production. This function enthusiastically takes on product challenges and drives solutions that continually improve the product and process on a daily basis. This role is a hands-on function with a keen eye for product quality, integrity, and works alongside the Graphic Designer and Designer to ensure product execution meets or exceeds expectations.
Essential Job Results
- Deliver quality product at or exceeding cost targets and executing to Design aesthetic.
- Drives costing process with suppliers and delivers viable cost solutions to internal partners.
- Proactively reviews cost roll-ups for accuracy and analyzes their business to achieve margin goals.
- Proactively analyzes the business to identify costing or delivery trends with suppliers to assist Director with vendor base and seasonal allocation strategies.
- Identifies issues, clearly communicates the problem internally/externally and offers solutions to course correct in a timely manner.
- Proactively manages WIP and Calendar to drive timely approvals & deliver product on-time to X-Factory dates.
- Sample Tracking: Manages style component & garment sample submits proactively to manage approvals on timely basis.
- Enters information and maintains data in FlexPLM and Compass to ensure consistent and accurate reporting.
- Fit Samples: Receives & logs fit samples. Reviews samples for accuracy with Design prior to handing garments to TD for the fitting. Pulls reference samples for the fitting. Attends fitting, takes notes, and relays next steps to suppliers.
- Sends comments & communicates clearly and purposefully with overseas teams to drive the business forward.
- Receives packages & reviews for initial feedback prior to passing to Design for review/approval.
- Highly organized individual; maintains a clean workspace; filing samples/submits/folders by EOD.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the Development process and makes suggestions to Director to continuously improve season after season.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.