Business Systems & Data Analyst
- 225 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA, us
Now Trending: Careers at SKECHERS.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Business Systems & Data Analyst will be required to analyze systems and provide efficient solutions for business objectives and user needs. This includes working with stakeholders, analyzing system problems, creating systems solutions, writing technical specifications and conducting quality assurance testing in order to implement computer systems requirements.
The Business Systems & Data Analyst will use various tools to analyze and transform data from multiple internal and external sources for the automation of manual tasks, data analysis and reporting. Employee will be required to analyze business processes; find meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends in data; and make recommendations to management in order to improve efficiencies throughout the company. The employee must be able to communicate the results of their findings in the form of highly digestible, easy-to-understand reports and visualizations.
- Architect innovative solutions and opportunities of varying complexity by collaborating with business and technical associates
- Implement computer system requirements by defining and analyzing systems solutions to business objectives
- Interact directly with stakeholders to gather business needs, input and output requirements and evaluate processes and procedures
- Create workflows, process maps and summaries to document processes, procedures and possible solutions
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through systems and/or non-system changes
- Research business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems
- Present solutions and viable alternatives to management for final approval
- Write detailed technical systems specifications for use by computer programmers to modify, enhance or fix systems
- Create table and field designs for most efficient and intuitive storage of data in the database
- Validate results by quality assurance testing and the coordination of user-acceptance testing
- Provide reference by writing documentation
- Maintain documentation of business system workflows.
- Train end users and writes instruction manuals when required
- Perform user application support, maintain system configuration and administer permissions
Reporting & Automation:
- Perform analyses for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
- Explore data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends
- Write and interprets complex SQL queries for data analysis
- Create reports, automate tasks and analyze data using tools such as SQL, Python, Alteryx, Qlik Sense and/or C/C++
- Interpret business requirements and KPIs in order to determine optimum reporting solutions to meet user needs
- Data cleansing
- Mass updates
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience is acceptable
- 7+ years of work experience in systems analysis
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to communicate, motivate and organize projects throughout the company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience supporting full software development lifecycle (including understanding business processes, gathering user requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and training)
- Technical expertise in database design
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SQL
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Python and/or any other programming language such as C/C++
- Alteryx experience preferred
- Experience with Qlik Sense reporting preferred
- Knowledge and experience in statistical software (R, Stata, SAS, Matlab, etc.) preferred
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.