Vice President, Business Insights
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Leader for the company’s business insights function. This position will drive the development of timely and actionable decision support and data analytics for all business functions, consumer channels and products. They will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and managing an integrated analytics strategy based upon internal and external data sources, and will oversee the development of systems, processes and standards to deliver insights globally. The role will be responsible for driving value by unlocking insights and intelligence through the power of information and analytics to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. It will also support communications with internal and external stakeholders, customers, shareholders and functional leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
40% Lead the development of consistent and efficient global systems, processes and practices to drive accurate and timely analytics, reports, and insightful observations to business leaders to increase operational effectiveness.
20% Develop, mentor, hire and lead a team of highly motivated business insights professionals.
20% Partner with various functional leaders and senior executives to identify and to implement data analytics solutions to resolve business challenges and to capitalize on market opportunities on a regular and ad hoc basis.
10% Administer appropriate governance over the business insights function and analytics to develop and to maintain a culture of confidence, trust, transparency and operational agility.
10% Collaborate with internal constituencies (e.g., information technology) to identify, implement and adopt a common, global data architecture and toolset.
- Leadership in the development of goals and objectives.
- Desire to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Personal commitment to the team and the team’s goals.
- Calm and mature leadership style.
- Thought leadership on the application of data analytics to business insights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Functional leader with direct and indirect reporting relationships and responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of an organization, and especially with senior management
- Able to quickly understand and explain complex data/issues and distill complex and voluminous data into understandable information for a wide audience
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to apply data visualization to communicate information to a wide array of audiences
- Strong initiative with a proven ability to follow-through on projects and bring them to a timely completion
- Ability to partner with leadership around strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate forward looking changes required for shifts in business operations
- Ability to develop and lead new business models and support organizational shift
- Ability to develop software based business management metrics to support decision making
- Strong systems aptitude and business focus
- Solid understanding of finance and statistical principles and applications
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to gain trust at the highest levels of an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and in group situations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience in roles of progressive responsibility
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience as a Director or above
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with industry leading statistical and reporting tools and applications (e.g., MicroStrategy, SAS, Tableau, RapidMiner)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.