Senior Manager, Systems Infrastructure
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Operations, the Sr Manager of Systems Infrastructure will provide technical leadership in the operation of Skechers IT infrastructure including: storage, systems, virtualization, cloud computing and disaster recovery. This is a hybrid position consisting of both management and daily technical tasks that is responsible for providing guidance, training, oversight, and implementation of appropriate controls and performing regular and effective reviews of all technical aspects; including operational support activities. The Sr. Manager must possess proven leadership skills and in-depth technical aptitude in all areas of DevOps, IT systems and storage infrastructure to ensure success.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Cultivate a top notch customer focused team
• Participate in the ongoing development of the infrastructure roadmap
• Participate in the development of short and long range plans
• Assist in developing IT polices to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
• Develop service catalog for areas of responsibility
• Participate in defining SLA’s for IT services and assure the SLAs are consistently met
• Work with management and customer organizations to define, negotiate and ensure operational success of OLAs
• Enhance escalation procedures and workflows for the timely resolution of all issues within areas of responsibility
• Work with technical architecture in development of technology solutions in support of new initiatives
• Ensure availability of all critical systems and develop comprehensive disaster recovery plans and procedures
• Oversee implementation of information security remediation
• Provide regular performance feedback to employees including annual written performance reviews
• Lead projects using project life cycle methodologies
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to split work time across both technical tasks (60%) and management work (40%).
• Ability to manage cross-functional teams
• Strong technical skills in the areas of UNIX/Linux and Windows administration
• Project management experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven technical skills including infrastructure design
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
• Strong understanding of DevOps methodologies
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 12+ years of IT experience
• 5+ years in a leadership role with increasing responsibility
• 7+ Unix/Linux Administration
• 7+ Windows Systems Administration
• 7+ Active Directory
• 7+ Office 365
• ITIL/ITSM experience/certifications
• Scrum experience/certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.