Retail Project Coordinator
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Project Coordinator will work with departments throughout the organization relating to Planning, Merchandising, Allocations, IT and other areas of the business to plan, execute, and implement retail projects. This individual will coordinate the efforts of team members and consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Project Management (Approximately 90% of day)
- Manage project development from initiation to closure
- Accountable for project results
- Work with project team to outline scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members
- Resolve any issues and solve problems through project life cycle
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to management
- Develop and process reports as needed by upper management (approximately 10% of day)
- Act as a technical liaison between the retail division and applications/systems analysts, company engineers, and department management
- Assist in coordinating the processing of testing procedures for new and modified applications and software systems
- Recommend and coordinate implementation of changes in processing procedures
- Ensure all data that is reported is accurate and reliable
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease, set appropriate priorities, and manage time effectively while paying strict attention to detail
- Strong integration skills, with the ability to coordinate all aspects of project
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to present technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and manage issue escalation effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education - Degree Preferred (Business/IT related discipline)
- Minimum 4 years related Retail Systems experience (Oracle preferred)
- Experience working with Planning, Merchandising, Allocations, and Warehouse Management Systems, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a project manager in a Retail organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing custom query based reports (e.g. Microstrategy, MS Access, Impromptu, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.