- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for assisting the IT development team by effectively implementing continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy applications and software to development, testing, and production environments. They will be expected to work closely with multiple IT groups to help define requirements and deploy infrastructure with an emphasis on automation, scalability, and process efficiency. In addition, they will be also responsible for resolving help desk tickets assigned to the DevOps group and working with other SKECHERS departments to ensure reliable application delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Administer, monitor, and deploy production applications in both on-premises and cloud environments.
• Develop and promote automation methodologies to drive continuous delivery and integration.
• Recommend design concepts to improve availability, reliability, and performance.
• Analyze systems data and monitor for infrastructure bottlenecks.
• Promote secure development and infrastructure deployment practices.
• Standardize and document development and deployment operations and methods.
• Monitor ticketing system for reported issues, thoroughly document work in trouble tickets, and assist development and systems groups in the timely resolution of opened tickets.
• Consult with vendors and salespeople to evaluate new products and technologies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Hands on experience in the design and deployment of software using DevOps methodologies.
• Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, and/or Oracle
• Strong understanding of git and GitHub.
• Strong understanding of Jenkins.
• Strong knowledge and experience in automating tasks and testing.
• Thorough grasp of modern software development processes; workflow management, source code management, site reliability, continuous delivery and integration.
• Experience with Ansible, Puppet or Chef preferred
• Experience implementing micro-services, APIs, and software frameworks.
• Familiarity with database architectures and common deployments.
• Experience managing Linux/*nix development environments.
• Understanding of core TCP/IP protocols, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SMTP etc.
• Experience with logging/monitoring tools such as New Relic, Datadog, Solarwinds Orion, Grafana, etc
• Experience with one or more scripting languages such as bash, Python, or Ruby
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable working with multiple operating systems and command line tools.
• Excellent documentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a development or systems administrator role with operational responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.