Senior Database Administrator
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Senior Database Administrator will provide technical expertise in the operation of Skechers IT infrastructure including supporting operational SQL and NoSQL databases, extracting and loading data in disparate systems, configuring and tuning databases, communicating with clients, diagnosing and troubleshooting database and related issues. They will work closely with the Infrastructure, Systems, and Networking teams to deliver on key IT initiatives in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for providing oversight, implementing appropriate access controls and performing regular and effective audits of all technical users; including operational support activities. The Senior Database Administrator must possess in-depth technical aptitude in all areas of database design and administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Install, design, manage, tune, and troubleshoot database systems.
• Participate in meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
• Effectively consult and communicate with internal customers, vendors and enterprise infrastructure teammates
• Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
• Provide technical support to research and ensure timely resolution of reported incidents
• Respond to database service requests and contribute to plans and policies for the production management of critical, large, enterprise databases
• Improve and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Write new stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, constraints.
• Analyze access patterns and propose the best combination of indexes, constraints, foreign keys, and queries.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Microsoft SQL Server development and database administration experience including performance tuning, installation, upgrade, configuration in Windows environment
• Oracle Database administration including configuration, tuning, and RMAN scripting experience
• Informix Database administration with in-depth knowledge of onstat utilities
• Review current database environments and make suggestions to improve database infrastructure
• Perform health check monitoring and ensure timely resolution of all production issues.
• Establish and maintain backup and disaster recovery policies and capacity planning.
• Document and maintain technical specifications of company database systems, log support calls and related work with database vendors.
• Excellent verbal and written analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Proven technical skills including infrastructure design
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
• Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Must be a quick learner, self-motivated, proactive and engaged.
• Must be able to work on-calls during after-hours and weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years of experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows Database Administration
• 7+ years of Microsoft SQL Server – ideally with version 2008 & later
• 7+ years of Oracle V11 and 12C
• 7+ years experience with Linux/UNIX and Bash scripting. Python or Perl scripting is even better.
• 3+ years experience running database systems in the cloud
• Experience with Informix V 12 is a plus
• 1+ years of NoSQL experience (MariaDB, CouchDB, Redis, or MongoDB) is a plus
• Experience with Kronos or equivalent HR solutions is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or higher or proven years of experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.