Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Employee will be required to review, analyze and report on data from multiple internal and external sources. The employee must use descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to find solutions to complex problems and then create highly-digestible, easy-to-understand, expert-quality reports and visualizations using MicroStrategy and other reporting tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Interprets business requirements and KPIs in order to determine optimum reporting solutions to meet user needs
• Performs analyses for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
• Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends
• Uses descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to find solutions to complex business problems
• Uses algorithms and predictive modeling to predict and analyze outcomes
• Writes and interprets complex SQL queries for data analysis
• Designs high-quality custom reports, dashboards and visualizations
• Develops best practices for report deployments
• Provides guidance, training and problem-solving assistance to other team members
• Creates workflows, process maps and summaries to document processes, procedures and possible solutions
• Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems
• Presents solutions and viable alternatives to management for final approval
• Validates results by quality assurance testing
• Provides reference by writing documentation
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math or related field. Equivalent experience is acceptable.
• Advanced working knowledge and experience w/ MicroStrategy (3+ years)
• Expert in SQL
• Understands basic statistical tests and machine learning models (T-Test, Chi-Squar Test, linear and logistic regression, classification algorithms)
• Expert in statistical software (R, Stata, SAS, Matlab, etc).
• Expert in one or more programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java, etc).
• Advanced analytical capability
• Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must have ability to communicate, motivate and organize projects throughout the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.