- 330 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Our Footwear Designer will integrate their understanding of fashion trends, market conditions, consumer expectations, technologies and the manufacturing process with their design excellence to help develop the next generations of SKECHERS footwear products. Must be able to work with a team and collaborate with our Design Director to execute projects.
You will need to be able to apply current and upcoming fashion trends to your respective Product Lines, anticipating how technologies, graphics, textures and colors might influence consumer’s future needs. In addition, you'll use your Creativity, Design Skills, and Market Knowledge to conceptualize and update new upper patterns on existing constructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Take Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop line art and apply color and materials that are appropriate to the assigned division.
- Have a strong understanding of the current fashion trends through retail shopping, tradeshows, and researching industry information.
- Maintain constant interaction with the Design Director regarding plans, briefs, color palettes, pricing, themes, and strategies.
- Develop color-ups, details and textures via Adobe Illustrator.
- Make detail revisions to adopted colorways.
- Plan and develop projects within different price points.
- Protect and enhance Skechers DNA through your design process.
- Periodic travel to Asia to follow up on development projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately and provide detailed specifications to them.
- Must have a proficient skill set in Adobe Illustrator and the knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Requires good understanding of the footwear manufacturing process at the factory level.
- Must have good communication/presentation skills and work well on a team.
- Must be able to deliver work effectively and efficiently to our time lines.
- Able to travel including Asia, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.