IT Security Engineer
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Security Engineer at Skechers will be responsible for managing security tools and responding to incidents and alerts, while working proactively to identify and resolve information security issues. The role will involve working closely with various infrastructure, application, and business teams globally to identify and respond to issues as well as help facilitate secure operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Triage alerts and reports received from various sources and perform incident response in real time as needed
- Work closely with internal team members as well as external partners to identify and resolve information security issues
- Continuously monitor and tune SIEM and related systems to increase detection rates, reduce false positives, and improve response time
- Engage in threat hunting and proactive security operations
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain security tools, technology, and systems
- Perform security assessments on new and existing systems, processes, and technology
- Define policies for email security, endpoint protection, application whitelisting, and other systems and network enforcement points
- Collaborate to define security standards and develop secure procedures
- Work closely with multiple groups and business units globally to provide guidance and support
- Perform regular security and vulnerability reviews and participate in periodic security and compliance audits
- Stay current with continually changing threat landscape and defensive capabilities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Significant experience working with and tuning log aggregation and SIEM tools (Splunk,Qradar)
- Strong knowledge of network and application protocols and their associated security implications (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS, etc.)
- Deep understanding of security concepts relating to network analysis and threat detection, incident management, and systems hardening in a large heterogeneous environment
- Understanding of network, application, and host based security systems including firewalls, VPN, PKI, cryptography, antivirus, IPS/IDS, and wireless security
- Experience working with servers and workstations running Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Familiarity with scripting and automation (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS,Azure,GCP) a plus
- Familiarity with security automation and orchestration a plus (Phantom, Komand)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a security, systems, or network engineering role
- 3+ years of experience in a dedicated information security role
- GIAC or (ISC)2 Certification a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.