Retail Assistant Manager
- 3122 Mount Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC • V2T 0C5, Canada
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
Assist the Store Manager in leading assigned location to achieve sales goals through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. The role of an Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists the Store Manager in meeting or exceeding assigned sales plans and target metric objectives by training and coaching employees to execute operational efficiencies in order to drive-out a high velocity of units via price point. Ensures customer interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair sales.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Assists the Store Manager in monitoring and addressing patterns of poor performance.
• Ensures consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation.
• Ensures Outlet/Big Box store visual standards are met at all times per company direction by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU’s. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (IE: end caps and floor stacks are full and properly maintained to standards).
• Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers. Able to answer questions about product features and benefits; teaches others to do the same.
• Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
• Assists Store Manager by recruiting top talent to support sales and growth of company.
• Partners with Store Manager to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues when directed to by senior management.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow and also ensure others follow all company customer service standards.
• Ensures compliance to policies and procedures at all times and reports any concerns to senior management.
• Works proactively with Store Manager to develop solutions to decrease losses and shrink.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitates inventory transaction and bulk counts.
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Effectively delegates tasks to other hourly employees to ensure the store is properly recovered for the next day’s business.
This position is a management position. Responsible and accountable for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties assigned as necessary to maintain store’s daily operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the same.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• Minimum of two year of retail/customer service experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
This exciting retail leadership position is based at our beautiful NEW store in Montebello, CA! With a fast, fun, shoe-obsessed culture, excellent pay and benefits package and outstanding employee discount program, we know you'll love working at Skechers as much as you enjoy shopping with us! We look forward to reviewing your work history and qualifications!