Retail Assistant Manager
- Austin, TX
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
Assist the Store Manager in leading assigned location to achieve sales goals through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. The role of an Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists the Store Manager in meeting or exceeding assigned sales plans and target metric objectives by training and coaching employees to execute operational efficiencies in order to drive-out a high velocity of units via price point. Ensures customer interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair sales.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Assists the Store Manager in monitoring and addressing patterns of poor performance.
• Ensures consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation.
• Proactively identifies various market opportunities and makes recommendations to Store Manager for localized product and visual and marketing strategies.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise end caps to promote sales.
• Ensures a “wallpaper” image is consistent throughout the store.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and merchandise boxes; trains others on current directives.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or end caps with merchandise.
• Ensures Outlet/Big Box store visual standards are met at all times per company direction by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU’s. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (IE: end caps and floor stacks are full and properly maintained to standards).
• Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers. Able to answer questions about product features and benefits; teaches others to do the same.
• Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
• Assists Store Manager by recruiting top talent to support sales and growth of company.
• Partners with Store Manager to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues when directed to by senior management.
• Supervises employees in Store Manager’s absence by enforcing policies and procedures, noting disciplinary issues that need to be addressed, and reporting any violations of company policies/procedures to Store Manager.
• Ensures all Human Resources paperwork and training files are current and kept in folders for associates per retention guidelines.
• Ability to complete new hire and other human resources paperwork timely and accurately.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow and also ensure others follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
• Ensures compliance to policies and procedures at all times and reports any concerns to senior management.
• Confers with management to ensure that banking deposits are made and recorded daily; responsible for delivering to the bank, at a specified location, with or without armored car service, as directed by the store manager.
• Ensures that the store is secured at closing (i.e. doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set).
• Ability to remove and record cash in register at end of shift/closing and prepare bank deposits properly.
• Works proactively with Store Manager to develop solutions to decrease losses and shrink.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitates inventory transaction and bulk counts.
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are trained on how to properly ring a transaction.
• Leads by example and works along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (IE: shifting bins and walls of product). Expected physical work load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy (warehouse environment).
• Effectively delegates tasks to other hourly employees to ensure the store is properly recovered for the next day’s business.
• Always willing and able to lead by example when cleaning shelves, counters, end caps and overall store; teaches standards to others.
• Ensures inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and displayed within 24 hours of receipt per operational standards.
• Ensures Elite goals are met for the store and provides ongoing feedback to associates on their Elite goal progress.
• Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates, deposit log, employee discounts, new hire
paperwork, pay outs and visitor log. Audits daily records regularly to ensure completion.
• Responsible for carrying out area of responsibilities (AOR) tasks, assignments and execution under the supervision of the Store Manager.
• Completes the daily planner and ensures chat-ins and chat-outs occur during every shift.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
• Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency.
• Serves as a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
• Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and provides appropriate training to employees in order to develop their selling skills.
• Assumes responsibility and displays the ability to take charge when the Store Manager is absent.
• Successfully executes company objectives under the direction of the Store Manager and provides leadership and tools to team members to ensure they also meet their daily goals.
This position is a management position. Responsible and accountable for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties assigned as necessary to maintain store’s daily operations.
Limited Direct Supervision, this position is part of management. This is a lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by the Store Manager. Responsible for documenting daily incidents involving customers or employees and communicating to senior management how incidents were handled. Responsible for communicating with senior management on all matters involving business operations and employees.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the same.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• Minimum of two year of retail/customer service experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
This exciting retail leadership position is based from our Austin Market - with stores at Barton Creek, Arbor Walk Center and Outlets at Round Rock! With a fast, fun, shoe-obsessed culture and outstanding employee discount program, we know you'll love working at Skechers as much as you enjoy shopping with us! We look forward to reviewing your work history and qualifications!